SkyCity Auckland precinct reopens
On Thursday 24 October, emergency officials confirmed that the fire at the New Zealand International Convention Centre was under control and that it was safe for business to resume.
Air quality has been rigorously monitored over the past three days, consistently meeting all regulatory standards, at no stage showing any level of threat.
Given the volume of cleaning required, SkyCity has engaged with external contractors that have come on-site to work under supervision to ensure we can return to business as efficiently as possible.
Led by health and safety, cleaning, and a team of science based experts, we have been working hard to ensure our precinct is safe and ready for our employees and our customers.
Briefings have been carried out with staff before returning to work and we are looking forward to welcoming guests back to our precinct today and over the long weekend.
In a phased approach, the Sky Tower and selected bars and restaurants have opened throughout the day. The SkyCity Hotel and SkyCity Grand Hotel are now open, taking hotel check-ins from 3pm. Please see appendix for a full list of opening times.
Customers with vehicles in the SkyCity car park can now return to collect their vehicles and if customers are planning to drive in tonight, please use the Federal Street entrance to the car park.
SkyCity would like to express our appreciation to all the firefighters and emergency services who have been, and continue, to fight the fire and assist us.
Our thanks also go to our Auckland Community, for all the messages of support and generous offers of help over the past few days.
- SkyCity Casino – open from 8pm Thursday 24 October
- Sky Tower – open from 9am Friday 25 October
- SkyCity Hotel Auckland and SkyCity Grand Hotel - open from 3pm Friday 25 October
Restaurants and Bars
- Depot - open from 7am Friday 25 October
- Andy's Burgers and Bar – open from 11am Friday 25 October
- Fed Deli – open from 12pm Friday 25 October (note, no late night on Saturday 26 October)
- The Grill - open from 12pm Friday 25 October
- Gusto at The Grand - open from 12pm Friday 25 October
- Masu - open from 12pm Friday 25 October
- Orbit - open from 12pm Friday 25 October
- Bellota - open from 4pm Friday 25 October
- Fortuna – open from 5pm Friday 25 October
- The Sugar Club - open from 5pm Friday 25 October
- Huami – open from 5.30pm Friday 25 October
- Sky Café – open from 9am Saturday 26 October
For more information, please contact:
External Communications Manager
DDI: +64 9 363 7126
Mobile: +64 21 197 2845